When they are working properly, they provide convenience and security. But when they malfunction, they can cause major inconvenience, and even put your safety at risk. In this article, we’ll look at some of the most common commercial garage door problems and provide tips on how to troubleshoot them to get your door working again.
Common Commercial Garage Door Problems:
- Broken Springs: One of the most common problems with commercial garage door repair in Colorado Springs is broken springs. The springs, which are located on the sides of the door, help to open and close the door. If the springs are broken, the door will not be able to move.
- Worn Rollers: Another common problem is worn rollers. The rollers are located at the bottom of the door and help the door move up and down. If the rollers are worn, it can cause the door to stick or make it difficult to open and close.
- 3. out-of-Alignment Sensors: The sensors on the door can become out-of-alignment, which can cause the door to not open or close. If the sensors are not aligned properly, the door may not open or close.
- Loose or Broken Cables: The cables on the garage door are responsible for lifting and lowering the door. If the cables become loose or broken, it can cause the door to not open or close.
- 1. Check the springs: If you suspect your springs are broken, you should check them carefully. Look for signs of wear and tear and make sure the springs are tightly secured. If they are broken, you should replace them as soon as possible.
- Check the Rollers: If the rollers are worn, you can replace them or lubricate them with a garage door lubricant. This will help them move more smoothly and reduce the chances of them getting stuck.
- Check the Sensors: If your sensors are out-of-alignment, you can adjust them by using a screwdriver. Make sure the sensors are lined up with each other and that they are pointing at the door.
- Check the Cables: If your cables are loose or broken, you will need to call a professional to replace them. Replacing the cables is a job for a professional, as it can be dangerous to do it yourself.
Garage door problems can be a hassle to deal with, but with the right troubleshooting tips, you can get your door working again in no time. If you suspect any of the issues listed above, make sure to address the issue right away to prevent further damage to your door.